Finding the right Generac generator is one thing, but sorting through the slew of Generac generator dealers out there is another. Even though it’s the most difficult part of the process, it’s the most important. A lot can go wrong if you don’t find the right Generac dealer. However, a lot can go right if you do. So, what makes a dealer the right one? What makes them the wrong one? And why is it so important to not rush this part of the process?
Here are four easy things you can keep in mind when sorting through the Generac generator dealers in your area:
- Do they have a New Jersey Electrical Contractors license?
- Are they trained and certified by the manufacturer to install the generator?
- Can they correctly calculate your home’s power needs and provide an accurate quote?
- And are they fully insured? It’s okay to ask for proof.
The Wrong Generac Dealer: What’s the worst that can happen?
To clarify, almost all the Generac generator dealers out there will provide exceptional service. Otherwise, Generac wouldn’t allow them to sell their product. It’s not a matter of the best and the worst. Rather, it’s a matter of the best of the best. After all, the consequences of improperly installing a backup home generator are steep and should be considered under any circumstance.
- Safety hazards: In itself, the faulty installation of a generator is a serious safety hazard. However, it can lead to much more. Things like fires, explosions, and electrocution become real possibilities. These can result in property damage, injury, or even loss of life.
- Generator damage: Not to mention improper installation can damage the generator itself. This increases the chances of other issues arising, from the very beginning. If this is the case, costly repairs or replacements might be the least of your worries.
- Invalidated warranties: Manufacturers like Generac usually offer warranties for their generators, but improper installation by your dealer may void these warranties. So, if something comes up in the future, you might be on your own.
- Inefficient operation: It’s a simple conclusion to make. A poorly installed generator will not operate efficiently. Inefficient operation will not only lead to increased fuel consumption but higher utility bills too.
- Legal issues: Building codes and local regulations protect both you and your neighbors. If you know of Generac generator dealers who have violated these, stay far away from them. Improper installation can lead to legal issues if it violates these codes and regulations.
Worst of all, your generator won’t be there for you when you need it. Your house and your family will be left unprotected. It’s not a matter of if, but a matter of when.
The Right Generac Generator Dealer
So, you’ve already done a lot of the footwork. You’ve sorted through your local Generac generator dealers and have found a few that are not only licensed and insured but also trained and certified by the manufacturer and have provided accurate quotes.
Now, the hard part’s over. It’s time to pick the one who will not only install your backup home generator properly but will provide continued service and support. Here’s what you can expect to during the installation process:
- Permits: Before starting the installation process, your Generac dealer will obtain all the necessary permits from local authorities for you.
- Automatic transfer switch: An ATS is an essential part of any safe setup. An ATS safely transfers the power supply from the grid to your generator when a blackout occurs.
- Installation: Your dealer will install your generator in a safe location, away from windows and doors, and on a stable foundation. Proper installation grounds it as well.
- Fuel source: Next, they’ll connect your generator to its fuel source, either natural gas, propane, or diesel, and install a fuel line and regulator if necessary.
- Thorough testing: Finally, all Generac generator dealers will test your generator’s operation. This includes starting and stopping the unit to ensure it’s operating within specifications.
Danley Electrical: The extra mile
But there’s something else not everyone will do. Ongoing service and support are broad asks, but they can be summed up in something very specific: User training. Whichever dealer you pick should provide you with training to both understand and safely operate your new generator.
This key differentiator is what sets W. Danley Electrical apart as a trustworthy Generac generator dealer. Our commitment to your comfort and protection is second to none. You can buy a backup home generator from any Generac dealer.
Instead of a one-and-done interaction, why not make a lasting relationship? Give us a call or request a free quote.